Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: prebuilt tools (long!)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: prebuilt tools (long!)
From: Rob (lau_AT_kudla.org)
Date: Thu Oct 09 2003 - 10:11:37 EEST

On Thursday 09 October 2003 02:13, Rick Taylor wrote:
> Jonathan Segel <jsegel_AT_magneticmotorworks.com> wrote:
> >immediately realized that the makers of the linux desktop gui
> >environments were coming from PC backgrounds! almost all
> > remind me of
> How you missed gnome, kde, etc is beyond me.

In fact, both GNOME and KDE in their out of the box
configurations might look a whole lot like Windows to a Mac
user... though I have to admit I'm surprised yellowdog didn't
set up a more familiar looking default (maybe to avoid legal
threats from Apple, but they do exist.)

Both have a context menu on the top left and minimize, maximize,
close on the right, for example, and the widgets tend to be a
lot more "metal with highlight and shadow" than either OS9 or
OSX. Again, that sort of thing can be tweaked with themes but
last I knew, Mac users don't get into themes quite as much as
Linux or Windows users.

Rob