Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: prebuilt tools (long!)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: prebuilt tools (long!)
From: Patrick Shirkey (pshirkey_AT_boosthardware.com)
Date: Thu Oct 09 2003 - 23:36:30 EEST

Jonathan Segel wrote:
> but the people on the
> inside have got to realize how far they are from the people on the
> outside in terms of familiarity with the system in general. even i take
> some of these things for granted, once they are learned. zero-conf is
> probably the only way to get the masses to do anything!
>
> anyway, so here you have another perspective of somebody burrowing into
> linux audio from another route. thanks for reading and considering
> another's perspective.

The other perspective is that if you can't hack the pace then you
shouldn't be in the drivers seat.

Linux is designed for hackers by hackers and anyone who wants to get in
on it has to be willing to sacrifice a couple of years ;]

If everyone who went to the races was a driver we would have no
audience, so I don't mind being the odd one out because it means I make
and do things no one else round here can.

There's a certain amount of notoriety earned when people see what I make
music with.

http://www.djcj.org/gigs/global_village/

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
http://www.boosthardware.com

Being on stage with the band in front of crowds shouting, "Get off! No! We want normal music!", I think that was more like acting than anything I've ever done.

Goldie, 8 Nov, 2002 The Scotsman