Re: [linux-audio-user] recording delay in Ardour...

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] recording delay in Ardour...
From: Daniel James (daniel_AT_mondodesigno.com)
Date: Fri Oct 10 2003 - 11:40:08 EEST

> I burned a copy and tried booting my office PC with this. This
> machine has 3 1394 controllers in it. The boot process hung loading
> the ohci driver.

dyne:bolic was built from scratch, rather than based on an existing
distro, so it's quite possible you are the first to discover this
bug. Personally, I've had no trouble booting it, but it won't detect
ISA hardware on one of the old machines I've got here. I don't think
that's a major problem in a multimedia distro, since ISA hardware is
unlikely to be up to the job anyway.

Having said that, I do own an ISA-based Turtle Beach Tropez Plus card
which has a good hardware sampler and wavetable synth on it. If
anyone is interested in hacking on the ALSA driver for this vintage
equipment, please let me know and I will gladly post it to you.

Cheers

Daniel