[linux-audio-user] snd-hdsp module load failed???

Subject: [linux-audio-user] snd-hdsp module load failed???
From: Aaron Trumm (aaron_AT_nquit.com)
Date: Fri Oct 10 2003 - 23:45:44 EEST

Hello - maybe someone can help

I have this problem - all of a sudden when I boot up, my HDSP9652 sound module
won't load - a big red FAILED is shown - it was working yesterday - here's
what I've got (some of you already know this ;) ), and what I changed:

Red Hat 9
planet ccrma install
Alsa drivers that me and mark K and fernando fixed with the HDSP patch by
thomas
 - all was well

then I got the failed today, and when I tried to insmod the module from a
terminal I get:
# /sbin/insmod snd-hdsp
Using /lib/modules/2.4.20-20.1.caps.rh90/kernel/sound/snd-hdsp.o
/lib/modules/2.4.20-20.1.caps.rh90/kernel/sound/snd-hdsp.o: unresolved symbol
snd_hwdep_new_Rf0dea83e

hmm lesseee if I can remember what I changed yesterday (I don' t THINK I had
tried rebooting anytime yesterday)

dosemu with cakewalk, and mdf (a simple does midi librarian) - I doubt this is
the problem

the hotplug scripts from planet by doing:
apt-get install hotplug hotplug-gtk

that was in order to install midisport 2x2 driver from usb-midi-fw.sf.net

these last two are my culprits, I assume. but everything was working nicely
together yesterday, before I powered down.

I'm confused :)

--
Aaron Trumm