Re: [linux-audio-user] wm key shortcuts for alsaplayer

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] wm key shortcuts for alsaplayer
From: Frank Barknecht (fbar_AT_footils.org)
Date: Mon Oct 13 2003 - 01:10:01 EEST

Hallo,
Tim Orford hat gesagt: // Tim Orford wrote:

> just in case anyone is interested this
> turned out to be even easier than i thought.
>
> fluxbox example:
>
> add to '~/fluxbox/keys':
>
> Mod4 Down :ExecCommand alsaplayer --prev
> Mod4 Up :ExecCommand alsaplayer --next
> Mod4 Left :ExecCommand alsaplayer --relative -10
> Mod4 Right :ExecCommand alsaplayer --relative 10
>
> then restart fluxbox.

Cool. Applying this to blackbox, I found, that this is possible there,
too, with commands like:

KeyToGrab(Right), WithModifier(Mod4), WithAction(ExecCommand), DoThis(alsaplayer --relative -10)

in ~/.bbkeysrc

But actually I now configured the otherwise useless multimedia keys on
my (itouch) keyboard with "hotkeys" like. Thanks for this pointer.
Alsaplayer rulez big time. If only re-sorting of the playlist was
possible, or am I missing something again?

ciao