[linux-audio-user] Lumpy sound from a Soundblaster mp3+

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Lumpy sound from a Soundblaster mp3+
From: william henry roberts (ds420_AT_u.washington.edu)
Date: Sat Oct 18 2003 - 07:50:04 EEST

A question from a newbie:
I have a Soundbalster mp3+ usb sound card attached to my HP laptop running
Redhat 9. It works great and I was amazed at how easy it was to get it
going, worth a look for those after a USB sound card.

However I have discovered problems when I record with it. Any recording I
make is full of little skips, more skips if I record at higher qualities.
I am using sox to both play and record.

Any insights?

Will