Re: [linux-audio-user] Announcing Gnomoradio

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Announcing Gnomoradio
From: Frank Barknecht (fbar_AT_footils.org)
Date: Sun Oct 26 2003 - 02:54:27 EEST

Hallo,

iriXx hat gesagt: // iriXx wrote:

> thats the point of CC though - it isnt about free / non-free, its about
> choice. some people feel as strongly about public domain as others do
> about free software / free music. CC is just there to facilitate an easy
> selection of licenses which are watertight legally, so that musicians /
> artists / writers / filmmakers can get on with doing what they do best,
> and licensing it according to their views.

Well, even the FSF recommends to look at CC for licensing of art. I
only have a problem with the "non-commercial only" part of some
licenses (I think, it's only one of the CC licenses), because this
like "pollutes the environment", that CC also tries to create. CC is
not only about legal issues, it is also about making sharing possible.
So even the "no commercial" license explicitly allows distribution in
non-commercial ways and creates the impression, that it still is a
free licence, when in fact it isn't anymore.

I'm not sure, if I can express my point as clear as I could in my
native language, though.

ciao