Re: [linux-audio-user] Ardour mixdown questions/issues

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Ardour mixdown questions/issues
From: Luke Yelavich (luke_AT_audioslack.com)
Date: Tue Oct 28 2003 - 00:19:58 EET

At 05:23 AM 28/10/2003, Jesse Chappell wrote:
> > 2. Is there currently any way, or are there plans to add support for
> > exporting an entire mix to disk instead of bouncing to a stereo track
> > to be exported? (Of course you can do that now, but it's a dry mix.)
> > I guess I'm asking for a non-realtime mixdown feature.
>
>Yes, there are plans to do a proper non-realtime mixdown, once
>JACK supports it (soon). This will be in before Ardour 1.0.

For the time being, you could either bus everything to one bus and send it
via JACK to a JACK enabled recorder, or send all individual tracks to a
JACK enabled recorder. Thats what I do at the moment.

Luke

Luke Yelavich
AudioSlack Founder and main package maintainer
Audio software packaged for the Slackware Linux Distribution
http://www.audioslack.com
luke_AT_audioslack.com