Re: [linux-audio-user] RE: mounting network drives for dummies?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] RE: mounting network drives for dummies?
From: R Parker (rtp405_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Oct 30 2003 - 21:43:13 EET

Hi,

--- Maarten de Boer <mdeboer_AT_iua.upf.es> wrote:

> i am accessing files shared with samba by macosx
> from linux without any
> problem.

Does samba create shares that Mac9 can mount?

I haven't looked at Samba during the last four years.
I think it was windows shares only back then. I've
always used atalk and netatalk which has a long
standing bug that causes Mac to not see available
space above 1.2Gb, or something close to that. As you
can imagine that's a real PITA.

ron

you won't need the hfsplus. i don't