Re: [linux-audio-user] Announcing Gnomoradio

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Announcing Gnomoradio
From: Frank Barknecht (fbar_AT_footils.org)
Date: Fri Oct 31 2003 - 15:50:47 EET

Hallo,
Daniel James hat gesagt: // Daniel James wrote:

> > If the right is bound to giving money to the creator it is not a
> > free good, with free as in speech, because it would violate the
> > "free distribution of copies" clause.
>
> Ah - but you're using the 'free beer' sense in 'free distribution'.

What makes you think that? "Free as in speech" distribution can be for
money, too, of course. Unless that's prohibited by the original
license, in which case it's is not a free license.

Each and every single "free" I used in this and all my previous mails
should be read as in free speech, and not a single "free" is meant to
mean "costs nothing" (except where stated as such which, if I remember
it correctly, is nowhere, because I normally use other words for this.)

ciao