Re: [linux-audio-user] Announcing Gnomoradio

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Announcing Gnomoradio
From: iriXx (m_AT_irixx.org)
Date: Sat Nov 01 2003 - 00:12:27 EET

Frank Barknecht wrote:

> If one would only be allowed to distribute Linux, if one did pay Linus
> Thorwalds for every copy, then Linux would not only fail to be "free"
> as in beer, it also would not be free as in "libre". The distribution
> must be allowed without any charges, as soon as I have the good.
> That's a central point in all libre software.

no it isnt!!!!!

have you READ the GPL???? it specifically says that you may charge for
distribution.

try telling the above to RMS. i think he'd say, as i do, that thats
complete bollocks.

please get your facts straight. this sort of misnomer is the stuff that
is putting business off supporting free as in libre software.

m~

--

"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will piss on your computer." -- Bruce Graham

Musicians say No to RIAA Persecution and Prosecution of Music Lovers!

Sign the petition at http://www.copyleftmedia.org.uk/justsayno/

.::. www.iriXx.org .::. www.copyleftmedia.org.uk .::.