Re: [linux-audio-user] Announcing Gnomoradio

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Announcing Gnomoradio
From: Anahata (anahata_AT_treewind.co.uk)
Date: Sat Nov 01 2003 - 02:41:30 EET

On Fri, Oct 31, 2003 at 10:56:43AM -0500, Michal Seta wrote:
> However, if you buy a CD in a store (and pay for it >=20$) and read a
> legal notice that says that the product is free and you can redistribute
> it anyway you like, how will you feel? And on top of that you go to the
> artist's website and you get the whole kit as a free download...

For "CD" read "Linux Distribution boxed set" and that happens all the
time. There is money to be made by selling just because the product is
there in front of the customer, conveniently available right now. It the
same logic that makes me buy a CD I want in the shop even though I could
go home and order it cheaper through Amazon.

--
Anahata
anahata_AT_treewind.co.uk -+- http://www.treewind.co.uk