Re: [linux-audio-user] Low latency kernel on Mandrake

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Low latency kernel on Mandrake
From: Robert Jonsson (robert.jonsson_AT_dataductus.se)
Date: Sun Nov 02 2003 - 14:23:09 EET

söndagen den 2 november 2003 12.41 skrev Joe Button:
> Hi.
>
> I'm confused about whether or not I have a low-latency kernel, and if not
> why not. I installed the multimedia kernel and booted into it but:
>
> [root_AT_olaf joe]# cat /proc/version
> Linux version 2.4.22-21mm.1mdk (dtholen_AT_klama.mandrake.org) (gcc version
> 3.3.1 (Mandrake Linux 9.2 3.3.1-4mdk)) #1 Tue Oct 28 15:05:18 CET 2003
> [root_AT_olaf joe]# cat /proc/sys/kernel/lowlatency
> cat: /proc/sys/kernel/lowlatency: No such file or directory

I'm not sure exactly which patches the mm kernel has, but it most definitely
has the lowlatency patch and I'm pretty sure it's got the preemtion patch
aswell.

That you are missing the /proc/sys/kernel/lowlatency doesn't mean anything. It
is selectable in the kernel configuration whether it should show up.
It is related to the lowlatency patch btw.

/Robert