[linux-audio-user] Terratec Phase88?

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Terratec Phase88?
From: Ross Vandegrift (ross_AT_willow.seitz.com)
Date: Tue Nov 04 2003 - 19:47:02 EET

Hey all,

        Noticed the Phase88 in the new Musician's Friend catalog - very,
very attractive price for such a loaded interface. I have two
questions:

1) Is it supported under ALSA? I've done a bit of research and it's
difficult to find anything on the Phase88. It looks almost exactly like
the EWS88 MT, straight down to the layout of the breakout A/D conversion
box. In fact, a post on RAP hints that it might just be a rebranding:
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=terratec+phase+88+group:rec.audio.pro&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=gprvcvk8o6nisk3qjfhgpm2gp1cfc2hms1%404ax.com&rnum=1

2) Does it sound decent? I'm currently using an M-Audio Delta44 and
dying to get more channels. This is much cheaper than a Delta1010. If
I had the cash now to drop on a 1010, I'd do it, since I know the
M-Audio stuff rocks. I've been unable to find any reviews online, web
or Usenet.

Thanks!

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross_AT_willow.seitz.com

A Pope has a Water Cannon. It is a Water Cannon. He fires Holy-Water from it. It is a Holy-Water Cannon. He Blesses it. It is a Holy Holy-Water Cannon. He Blesses the Hell out of it. It is a Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon. He has it pierced. It is a Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon. He makes it official. It is a Canon Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon. Batman and Robin arrive. He shoots them.