Re: [linux-audio-user] [Fwd: two point six]

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] [Fwd: two point six]
From: Patrick Shirkey (pshirkey_AT_boosthardware.com)
Date: Wed Nov 05 2003 - 14:57:58 EET

Austin wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-11-05 at 05:17, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
>
>>>Now if only I could get my Quattro working
>>
>>What's wrong?
>

> Well, with the 2.6 kernel I get this:
> [root_AT_gamma373-179 austin]# tail /var/log/messages
> Nov 4 21:11:15 gamma373-179 kernel: hub 1-0:1.0: new USB device on port
> 1, assigned address 4
> Nov 4 21:11:15 gamma373-179 kernel: drivers/usb/core/config.c: invalid
> alternate setting 4 for interface 1
> Nov 4 21:11:15 gamma373-179 kernel: usb 1-1: can't read configurations,
> error -22
>
> It's been reported before though.

Those look like usb driver errors. have you run lsusb and/or some of the
other usb debug tools and sent to the usb-devel list?

> With 2.4, it works okay, but jackd keeps quitting at strange times with
> some sort if IO CTL borken pipe error for no obvious reason. I forget
> the exact error right now. It's been mentioned once or twice on the alsa
> list, but no suggestions yet.

That's strange I can run it for hours with no problems using -p 1024 -n3

> It's been a long hard road with this device.

Yeah. One day it might actually be possible to use all four channels at
one time via jackd. I've only once been able to get it running solid and
lately it has become impossible.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
http://www.boosthardware.com

Being on stage with the band in front of crowds shouting, "Get off! No! We want normal music!", I think that was more like acting than anything I've ever done.

Goldie, 8 Nov, 2002 The Scotsman