Re: [linux-audio-user] CD Burning...

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] CD Burning...
From: Aaron Trumm (aaron_AT_nquit.com)
Date: Fri Nov 07 2003 - 04:36:02 EET

mine's real brand spankin' new

> how long have you had your burner?.....
> mine is pooping out thesedays after a lot of wear and tear and im
> getting about the same ratio of coasters too.
>

> the other thing i'm guessing at is that maybe cdrecord / xcdroast arent
> compatible with 52x burners?....

now this is an interesting theory - ties into the other guy's suggestion of
burning slower. I'd bet that would work if not being compatible with 52x
was the problem

I did notice stuff like, on xcdroast, it would go to write the first track
and just apparentely haul ass - it would report that it was burning at like
243x - like WHOA slow down there cheeko! maybe forcing a certain speed
(slower than 52x) would prevent this from happening