Re: [linux-audio-user] CD Burning...

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] CD Burning...
From: Gustavo Zamorano S. (gzsuniq_AT_cableonda.net)
Date: Fri Nov 07 2003 - 08:34:23 EET

My burner reads at 52x, writes up to 8x. It is a LG.
I usually write at 4x or 3x.
I was trying to create an audio CD trying to recover a very scratched
CD. Grip very slowly has recovered all tracks after some extra cleanning.
I was trying to write with:

cdrecord -v speed=2 dev=0,0,0 -pad *.wav

And it was returning with error.

Then I added -dao:
cdrecord -v speed=2 -dao dev=0,0,0 -pad *.wav

Now, it is working... It is burning track 7 so far.

GZS

iriXx wrote:
> how long have you had your burner?.....
> mine is pooping out thesedays after a lot of wear and tear and im
> getting about the same ratio of coasters too.
>
> the other thing i'm guessing at is that maybe cdrecord / xcdroast arent
> compatible with 52x burners?....
>
> Aaron Trumm wrote:
>
>> Hello list!
>>
>> I'm having some trouble with burning CD's and having trouble finding
>> sources
>> of info - I don't know if I'm just not looking very hard or well, or
>> if I'm
>> really getting stuck
>>
>> basically, right now on my system, they end up being coasters about
>> 90% of
>> the time - I've been trying both cdrecord and xcdroast and both either do
>> the burn (i've tried burning iso files for backups and also doing
>> audio cds)
>> or they'll have some sort of error, fixate, and eject the disk early
>> in the
>> process
>>
>> I assume this is an issue with the hardware, I guess - I have an artec
>> 52x
>> burner
>>
>> other than this I don't have all that much info at my fingertips (I'm
>> at the
>> wrong computer) - but I'm trying to find stuff to start reading,
>> checking,
>> etc...
>>
>> any ideas would be appreciated! thanks!

>> Houston Poetry Slam Team
>> www.houstonpoetryslam.com
>> NQuit Records
>> www.nquit.com

This Message is sent from my Red Hat 8.0 Linux server
      Machine Registration number 205692 at http://counter.li.org/

.-. Gustavo Zamorano S. .-. | Registered Linux user number 320898 .-. | | at http://counter.li.org/