Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: quattro

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: quattro
From: Patrick Shirkey (pshirkey_AT_boosthardware.com)
Date: Fri Nov 07 2003 - 13:55:46 EET

Austin wrote:

> [root_AT_gamma373-179 austin]# jackd -d alsa -d hw:1 -p 1024 -n 3
> jackd 0.80.0
> Copyright 2001-2003 Paul Davis and others.
> jackd comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
> under certain conditions; see the file COPYING for details
>
> JACK compiled with System V SHM support
> creating alsa driver ... hw:1|hw:1|1024|3|48000|nomon|swmeter|rt
> open
> starting engine
>
> [... about 30 seconds later...]
>
> **** alsa_pcm: xrun of at least 10.923 msecs
>
> ALSA lib pcm_hw.c:494:(snd_pcm_hw_start) SNDRV_PCM_IOCTL_START failed:
> Broken pipe
> could not start playback (Broken pipe)
>
> Sometimes it runs for a few minutes before doing this...
> Any suggestions?
> Austin

What do you get if you use

jackd -v -R -a -d alsa -d hw:1 -p 1024 -n 3

running as root.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
http://www.boosthardware.com

Being on stage with the band in front of crowds shouting, "Get off! No! We want normal music!", I think that was more like acting than anything I've ever done.

Goldie, 8 Nov, 2002 The Scotsman