Re: [linux-audio-user] How to get waves?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] How to get waves?
From: Kevin Milhoan (webmaster_AT_kevinmilhoan.com)
Date: Tue Nov 11 2003 - 00:49:21 EET

On Sunday 16 November 2003 07:01, Hartmut Z Noack wrote:

> If ardour works, why dont you just plug a Mike and record some sounds
> from the real world? ;-)
>
> I recorded some dozen sounds from Alesis D4 by just recording them as
> they are played from the lineout, edited them with swami and now they
> serve great (at least, they *sound* great, i just have to get this
> hydrogene-app to arrange them ...)

Isn't an Alesis just a synth with a Drum Module? Sure a nice Korg Keyboard
Synth, or a 303 and a 909 would work. I don't have any of those.

I'd prefer to work in all software anyway. Is there a difference from using a
hardware synth, or software emulated synth? The hardware synth seems like
a lot more work to setup.