Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: 2.6.0 song theme... request.

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: 2.6.0 song theme... request.
From: Benjamin Flaming (lau_AT_solobanjo.com)
Date: Thu Nov 13 2003 - 23:06:17 EET

On Thursday 13 November 2003 03:18 pm, Mark Knecht wrote:
> Thanks for the pointer. I suppose for your purposes you just use the free
> service, or do you pay for one of the higher level services?

All I really need is a consistant web address that I can give out to people
for private no-hassle/works-with-anything file sharing. For this, the free
service works perfectly. The only downside is a slightly longer domain name
(something.servehttp.com, for instance). There are times, of course, when
I'm tempted by the thought of switching my solobanjo.com domain over to
No-IP, and hosting it myself, but there wouldn't be any real benefit to this
right now - aside from the obvious power trip ;)

> Also, I sort of thought these systems only worked for Windows servers. Does
> their software strategy work with Linux and I suppose Apache also?

You can download an open source "dynamic update client" for Linux directly
from their web site. I am typing this e-mail in KMail on my Pentium II,
which is also my Apache web server.