Re: [linux-audio-user] Great news for JACK & KDE

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Great news for JACK & KDE
From: Daniel James (daniel_AT_mondodesigno.com)
Date: Fri Nov 21 2003 - 16:51:40 EET

> So, the apps dont have to change thier api, but are still
> compatible with JACK - thats great. Hopefull it also means that
> when a consumer audio app underrruns it wont affect JACK, and the
> arts server wont block.

Let's hope the JACK support in arts is built that way then - a bit of
liaison required with the KDE folks, perhaps?

Maybe it's just me, but if I'm listening to or recording music I don't
really want bings and beeps being sent to the soundcard by every
program running on the desktop. I guess that's why I never missed
artsd after I disabled it...

Cheers

Daniel