Re: [linux-audio-user] Great news for JACK & KDE

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Great news for JACK & KDE
From: Chris Cannam (cannam_AT_all-day-breakfast.com)
Date: Fri Nov 21 2003 - 18:40:07 EET

On Friday 21 Nov 2003 4:30 pm, Daniel James wrote:
> In theory, yes, but has anyone seen KDE running on Solaris or
> anything like that? All the non-Linux platforms running free
> software desktops that I've seen have had GNOME - BSDs users, for
> example.

I've seen far more FreeBSD desktops with KDE than with GNOME.

That's the reason Rosegarden-4 still has vestigial aRts support in it,
even though it doesn't actually work properly at the moment --
because it's the only practical possibility of getting RG to work
with sound anywhere other than on Linux. And of course you can run
aRts without running a KDE desktop; I've used it under wmx on BSD.

Chris