Re: [linux-audio-user] Getting Quattro to work with other soundcard

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Getting Quattro to work with other soundcard
From: Patrick Shirkey (pshirkey_AT_boosthardware.com)
Date: Sat Nov 22 2003 - 08:59:32 EET

Adam King wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm trying to get my M-Audio Quattro to work as a second device in
> addition to my SoundBlaster Live! I'm using ALSA 0.9.6 and have managed
> to get them both to work. I am using Patrick Shirkey's asound.conf,
> however i can only seem to use the quattro as devices quattro1 and
> quattro2. Jack fails with any other settings that are defined in
> asound.conf.

The best I have got is 8 minutes of recording with the q4b virtual
device and JACK. There are severe limitations re. USB audio devices
which causes problems for JACKS realtime constraints.

> I've compiled Patrick's qinit program but it segfaults.

No idea why. It may not even be neccessary anymore.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
http://www.boosthardware.com

Apparently upon the beginning of the barrage, the donkey broke discipline and panicked, toppling the cart. At that point, the rockets disconnected from the timer, leaving them strewn around the street. Tethered to the now toppled cart, the donkey was unable to escape before the arrival of U.S. troops.

United Press International Rockets on donkeys hit major Baghdad sites

By P. MITCHELL PROTHERO Published 11/21/2003 11:13 AM