Re: [linux-audio-user] Recommendatio wanted

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Recommendatio wanted
From: Chris Cannam (cannam_AT_all-day-breakfast.com)
Date: Fri Nov 28 2003 - 17:32:54 EET

On Friday 28 Nov 2003 2:23 pm, Joerg Anders wrote:
> - strings_hardware.mp3 (67K)
> - strings_timidity.mp3 (121K)
> - strings_fluid.mp3 (71K)

Hmm, yes. The difference is pretty obvious there.

Is that the string ensemble patch? I do find that one has quite a bit
of attack; I thought you were referring to the solo strings, which
have some attack as well but not so much as to make one suspect the
code rather than the whim of the soundfont designer.

I made my own comparative mp3s, but then I discovered they were
actually playing at different pitches from yours and not in an
obvious 44.1:48KHz ratio either. So now I'm all confused and have to
go and find my tuning fork.

Chris