Re: [linux-audio-user] Recommendatio wanted

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Recommendatio wanted
From: davidrclark_AT_earthlink.net
Date: Sat Nov 29 2003 - 01:51:34 EET

Joerg wrote:

>It has nothing to do with the sequencer. Please have a look at:

Please see Chris's comments about much more robust midi sequencing in the
latest release for Rosegarden. Apparently my problems with dropped notes
with EXTERNAL synths DO have something to do with sequencers, just as I
thought.

Joerg also wrote:

>The bug is well know by the driver developers. Please have a look at

In this posting, assuming that I found the correct place --- had to go
there indirectly --- there is no mention of the cause of the problem. The
description "well know(n)" appears to be overstatement. The testing
conditions were not specified, etc. So there is no way for any reader
to conclude that this is due to drivers rather than sequencer.

Again, I have never had a problem with pmidi and external synths. No
pitch-bending drops, etc., even though they do occur with very intense MIDI
under Windows, Rosegarden, and Muse. pmidi with external synths and emu10k1
drivers with SB Live! Value have never had a problem --- not once.

So I find the emu10k1 drivers to be fine for me so far.