Re: [linux-audio-user] ALSA: What is the website missing?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] ALSA: What is the website missing?
From: Patrick Shirkey (pshirkey_AT_boosthardware.com)
Date: Mon Dec 01 2003 - 18:34:45 EET

Florian Schmidt wrote:
> On Tue, 02 Dec 2003 00:42:56 +0900
> Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey_AT_boosthardware.com> wrote:
>

>>Florian Schmidt wrote:
>>

>>>I was astonished to see, that the website is not generated
>>>automagically[i saw patches to the soundcard matrix, etc..]. I don't
>>>know much about content management systems, etc, but i wonder if
>>>this wouldn't save great hassles in the future..
>>>

>>Yes I have been thinking about it today too. The main thing is someone
>>
>>has to roll up their sleeves. However I don't think it will be too
>>much work. I'm trying to decide if it should be a simple text based
>>form or a mysql database. Obviously the latter is more work but will
>>be much faster (if it matters).
>

> Hmm, i thought of something simpler.. For example, each driver source
> file could have a special section that contains the necessary infos for
> the card matrix. Then a script to get the info from the source files and
> puts it together to a html page would be enough.. This is only one
> example, of course.. An sql database is probably overkill. We have
> really static data here [after it's once generated]. Updates could then
> be done like once a week or even daily which comes down to just running
> a script that grabs the source from cvs and does its thing..
>
> I don't know how easy this would be to create the rest of the docs but
> some parts of it are already automated, like the api doc creation,
> etc...

The main problem with this is the html tags which are used throughout
the matrix are always being updated and we don't want that info hogging
valuable space in the kernel. I am looking into a new page format now.
We have a few options so it's just deciding on the new way.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
http://www.boosthardware.com

Apparently upon the beginning of the barrage, the donkey broke discipline and panicked, toppling the cart. At that point, the rockets disconnected from the timer, leaving them strewn around the street. Tethered to the now toppled cart, the donkey was unable to escape before the arrival of U.S. troops.

United Press International Rockets on donkeys hit major Baghdad sites

By P. MITCHELL PROTHERO Published 11/21/2003 11:13 AM