Re: [linux-audio-user] Recommendatio wanted

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Recommendatio wanted
From: Mathias Lundgren (mathias_lundgren_AT_bredband.net)
Date: Mon Dec 01 2003 - 20:19:36 EET

måndagen den 1 december 2003 12.31 skrev Joerg Anders:
> Yes, but these are slow strings. They always come too late.
> My question is: What is the conclusion ? Is there any FluidSynth
> programmer on this list ?
>
> If not, that means: There is no soft synth which creates a
> good bigband sound. The hardware sound is the only option.
> But the Audigy2 driver produces gaps:

There's another sad thing about using soundfonts via soundblaster live/extigy
etc..: Not possible to use any decent reverb! :-( If I've understood it
correctly there are no such things as good effects for the onboard
soundblaster dsp processors (I bet it's a hassle loading/unloading/routing
too, if there are any good effects).

Am I completely wrong about this? Has anyone else on the list had any success
with these?

/Mathias