[linux-audio-user] arecord and xrun

Subject: [linux-audio-user] arecord and xrun
From: Ken Dere (kdere_AT_his.com)
Date: Tue Dec 02 2003 - 01:31:30 EET

I am trying to record some phonograph records using arecord. I get xruns of
about 0.5s or so. I have tried increasing the buffer size which worked up to
a point. I have tried running as root which didn't help.

Is there anything I could do short of applying the low-latency patch to get
this to wok?

thanks,

KD