Re: [linux-audio-user] ZynAddSubFX: can it be played from a hardware keyboard?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] ZynAddSubFX: can it be played from a hardware keyboard?
From: Mathias Lundgren (mathias_lundgren_AT_bredband.net)
Date: Tue Dec 02 2003 - 19:18:57 EET

tisdagen den 2 december 2003 06.31 skrev Eduardo Guerrero:
> Sorry for being too newbie again but how do I play the sounds in
> ZynAddSubFX with my midi keyboard? I think it's a configuration problem
> since I don't get any sound even with the Virtual Keyboard.
>
> Thank you for your patience,
> Eduardo.

It's also possible to use it with MusE, (best way is if you're running MusE
together with Jack. It's also possible with MusE using alsa output if you're
not using any other synths, so if you just want to play it's ok). Open the
midi-devices configuration dialog and on one of them select Zynadd on output.
Then just do as you do with softsynths etc, select the mididevice for zynadd
as output on the track, and remember the red record button on the track! Then
play along!

/Mathias