Re: [linux-audio-user] MIDI hardware recommendations?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] MIDI hardware recommendations?
From: Patrick Shirkey (pshirkey_AT_boosthardware.com)
Date: Wed Dec 03 2003 - 08:08:18 EET

paul wisehart wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 03, 2003 at 01:49:36AM +0000, Neil Durant wrote:
>
>>I would like to buy either a soundcard or dedicated MIDI interface for MIDI
>>applications on a PC, and was wondering if people had any recommendations?
>

> I have one of those edirol um-1 usb interfaces. It worked pretty much out
> of the box on my laptop and 2 of my desktops. All slackware machines with
> 2.4.20ish low-lat/pre-empt kernels and alsa 0.9.6.
>
> I got it because you don't have to do any firmware/bios loading as (i think)
> you have to do with the midisport usb interfaces.

I think it is done by default when the driver is loaded now. For the
quattro at least.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
http://www.boosthardware.com

Apparently upon the beginning of the barrage, the donkey broke discipline and panicked, toppling the cart. At that point, the rockets disconnected from the timer, leaving them strewn around the street. Tethered to the now toppled cart, the donkey was unable to escape before the arrival of U.S. troops.

United Press International Rockets on donkeys hit major Baghdad sites

By P. MITCHELL PROTHERO Published 11/21/2003 11:13 AM