[linux-audio-user] what is DC? [was Re: Analyzing ogg files]

Subject: [linux-audio-user] what is DC? [was Re: Analyzing ogg files]
From: Eric Dantan Rzewnicki (rzewnickie_AT_rfa.org)
Date: Wed Dec 03 2003 - 19:10:15 EET

What is DC offset in this context? I've seen this term on this list
before, but don't really understand what it means.

Is this the same thing refered to by the ecasound options -ezf and -ezx?

-ezf
    Finds the optimal value for DC-adjusting. You can use the result as
    a parameter to -ezx effect.

-ezx:channel-count,delta-ch1,...,delta-chN
    Adjusts the signal DC by 'delta-chX', where X is the channel number.
    Use -ezf to find the optimal delta values.

or is that a different DC?

-Eric Rz.