RE: [linux-audio-user] Re: Is the Linux desktop really here ?

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-user] Re: Is the Linux desktop really here ?
From: Mark Knecht (mknecht_AT_controlnet.com)
Date: Mon Dec 08 2003 - 21:08:11 EET

> To get this at least marginally audio related, I have
> successfully run Buzz (sort of like a tracker with aspirations
> towards doing almost everything Jack does, but only for windows
> and orphaned for a few years) under cxoffice with good results,
> albeit only to get some .wav files of the stuff I'd already done
> in it so I wouldn't lose the data.
>
> Rob

FYI - Since Alsa went 1.0 I have been unable to get sound from cxoffice.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

1) I got a post from Takashi suggesting that the Wine code for determining
what Alsa is running has a problem.

2) I got a response from one Wine guy saying it would be fixed soon.

3) I got another response from a major Wine developer complaining that my
distro was messed up and not shipping the right libraries.

4) I go no response (that I know of) from Codeweavers.