RE: [linux-audio-user] more specifics

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-user] more specifics
From: Matthew Allen (matthew_AT_lith.com)
Date: Tue Dec 09 2003 - 20:01:16 EET

Actually by default (with a hd install) it doesn't.

http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2173#10717

        There are a number of threads at knoppix.net talking about setting
up Alsa correctly after installing it yo your hard drive.

        My experience (yours obviously will vary) suggests you may be better
off going with one of the really nice sound distros instead of knoppix
(planet ccrma, http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/ and
Agnula, http://www.agnula.org are the 2 I tried, I ended up with Agnula
(debian) for a bunch of little reasons)

        Knoppix is great (My wife uses it on her laptop and I use it on an
old laptop without a harddrive, as an X client to my sound machine) but its
not very realtime sound app friendly, and I don't know enough super geek
stuff to make it so (not yet at least)

m.