[linux-audio-user] Re: Is the Linux desktop really here?

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Re: Is the Linux desktop really here?
From: Juhana Sadeharju (kouhia_AT_nic.funet.fi)
Date: Wed Dec 10 2003 - 20:13:28 EET

[ someone ]
>As someone who runs a business, why would I want to pay someone $600 to
>fix 10 documents when I can buy Microsoft's tools for $300 and have
>guaranteed compatibility? That's a tough sell...

Hello. We should have a law which says the file formats should be
open formats. People who write and make documents should have a vendor
independent access to the documents.

At meanwhile, why one should be able to read Word and Excel documents
in Linux? One can always ask clients to print to the good old paper
or to an image file.

Regards,
Juhana