Re[2]: [linux-audio-user] JAMin

Subject: Re[2]: [linux-audio-user] JAMin
From: davidrclark_AT_earthlink.net
Date: Sat Dec 13 2003 - 17:34:42 EET

I neglected to copy the LAU on my email back to Jack O'Quin regarding
compilation of the CVS version of JAMin.

In case others are having similar problems:

I'm seeing "BLAH/downloads/jamin/jam/src/geq.c:126: undefined reference to
`libintl_dgettext'

I have a mixed setup here, and old RH6.2 that has been heavily upgraded
to the newest kernels, newer libs, etc. I do have old C libs (2.1). It
appears that configure checks the C lib for dgettext. It didn't find there,
but did find dgettext in libintl. However, the configure script doesn't
check for libintl_dgettext. This variable is also defined in the newer
libintl that I have. It seems to me that the configure script should have
added -lintl in my case, but didn't for some reason. If it had done that,
everything would have worked, but perhaps there is a good reason not to
add it in most cases.

I provided some other information to Jack O'Quin who responded to my
post with a query posted to LAU (thanks, Jack!), but won't post that here
unless someone really wants to know.