RE: [linux-audio-user] rme Digi96/8 adat

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-user] rme Digi96/8 adat
From: hayesjaj_AT_notes.udayton.edu
Date: Sun Dec 14 2003 - 10:08:58 EET

Thanks much. I found the problem was a little error in my modules.conf
file. Now that I have my card working to its fullest potential, I am
having some difficulty with xruns. Most of my projects are rather long
recordings but I cannot seem to make ardour work for more than 8 or so
minutes before an xrun in jack stops the transport. I have tried the jack
startup settings from the wiki (the rme_adat ones) and have not been able
to get them to work. I am currently using -R -t 2000 -d alsa -d rme_adat
-r 44100 -p 256 -n8 -zs -H -M which seems to give me the longest stretch
of recording time. I would like to bump up the period length to -p 512
but jack will not accept anything above -p 256 (64 works though). Any
thoughts?

James