[linux-audio-user] Syncing Ardour and Rosegarden (or Muse)

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Syncing Ardour and Rosegarden (or Muse)
From: John Williams (jwilliams_AT_business.otago.ac.nz)
Date: Mon Dec 15 2003 - 01:15:43 EET

I know that this is something of a FAQ, but I've been trawling the net
for a couple of days and could not find an answer. So, apologies if I'm
acting a bit clueless or lazy ...

Anyway.

I would like to set up synchronisation of ardour
(ardour-0.9beta9-1.rhfc1.ccrma) and rosegarden
(rosegarden4-0.9.5-1.rhfc1.ccrma) on Fedora. I have tried _many_
combinations of setting ardour and rosegarden as slave and master, and
using MIDI or jack master/slave systems. No joy.

It is possible? And if so, how?

I am willing, once I find out how, to write it up and contribute it to
some FAQ or WWW site, e.g. http://www.djcj.org/LAU/quicktoots/

TIA,

John.

John Williams