Re: [linux-audio-user] Syncing Ardour and Rosegarden (or Muse)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Syncing Ardour and Rosegarden (or Muse)
From: Jack O'Quin (joq_AT_io.com)
Date: Mon Dec 15 2003 - 20:43:27 EET

John Williams <jwilliams_AT_business.otago.ac.nz> writes:

> I'm not sure what you're asking. I merely want to use ardour to tell
> muse, rosegarden or even hydrogen to:
>
> (1) Start
> (2) Stop
> (3) Rewind

Recent versions of ardour will issue these commands. It still does
not obey similar commands issued by some other client, there is work
going on to do that, too.

Hydrogen and ecasound will follow these commands. Neither MUSE nor
rosegarden have yet released this ability. Both are actively working
on it, I believe.

We all want this to happen, but it takes time. First, to get the
infrastructure in place (which it is). Then, to match up with the
release schedules of many groups of developers (still on-going).

--
  joq