RE: [linux-audio-user] adat sync/ardour - resend

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-user] adat sync/ardour - resend
From: Mark Knecht (mknecht_AT_controlnet.com)
Date: Tue Dec 16 2003 - 18:39:42 EET

> ALSA 1.0blahblah.rc2
> ardour 0.9beta9
> sound card: RME HDSP 9652
> ADAT source is actually an Emu Darwin
>
> I set ardour's sync source to "ADAT" in the options window, and
> expect to be
> able to play darwin and have ardour pick up, but no suck luck. I
> don't know
> if I need to do something else. I also don't know if the sound
> card's ADAT
> sync is supposedly working. I read something back in August
> about the ADAT
> sync on the 9652 being troublesome...
>
> anyone have any thoughts?

Aaron,
   I'm not an Ardour user so I haven't a clue about what it's options are or
why you'd even need them.

   I would have thought that you'd call up hdspconf and set the clock source
to whatever interface you want the HDSP 9652 to operate on. You can sync it
to an ADAT channel, spdif or Word Clock there. After that, I would just run
Ardour as a Jack client. It's will get it's clock from Jack, which is
getting it from the HDSP, which is getting it from the port you selected.

   Of course, since I don't know Ardour, I don't know why you'd need to even
set this option on your hardware...

Cheers,
Mark