[linux-audio-user] Ardour and Hydrogen sync through Jack!!

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Ardour and Hydrogen sync through Jack!!
From: Tom Hemba (tomhemba_AT_bigfoot.com)
Date: Wed Dec 17 2003 - 06:07:39 EET

Ahh what a glorious sight! I got Ardour and Hydrogen to sync using Jack
transport. Here's the setup I used:

jack-audio-connection-kit 0.92.0-0.cvs.1.rh90.ccrma
ardour 0.9beta9-1.rh90.ccrma
hydrogen 0.8.1 (just updated at Planet CCRMA by Fernando today)

In Hydrogen preferences Audio driver was set to Jack and Jack Transport
Slave was checked on.
In Ardour sync source was set to Jack. Jack time master and Jack
transport master were both checked.

When I press play in Ardour: Jack + Ardour + Hydrogen all move and both
Hydrogen and Ardour sound.

When I press play in Jack all move, Hydrogen sounds, but Ardour doesn't
make a peep.

Hydrogen works in both song mode and pattern mode. But note that when
Hydrogen is in pattern mode it always starts the pattern from the
beginning no matter what position in a measure Ardour is at.

Moving the Ardour transport (i.e. rewind or fast forward) moves the
position in Hydrogen (in song mode) and Jack as well - so if you use
Hydrogen in pattern mode you get a clean sync between the two!

Well, just thought I'd pass on the news. :-)

Thomas Hemba