RE: [linux-audio-user] The trouble with disks

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-user] The trouble with disks
From: eviltwin69_AT_cableone.net
Date: Thu Dec 18 2003 - 14:25:14 EET

John,

    First, is your data disk separate from your system disk? If not, this could be part of your problem. Second, what FS are you using? Ext3 is a bad choice since it puts the journal in a different location from the file. I would recommend using Reiserfs for your data partition. XFS might even be better but I haven't seen any tests on it yet. Ext2 is better than ext3 but still not as good as Reiserfs. Another thing, turn off syslogd, crond, etc before recording.

Jan