[linux-audio-user] Problem with qarecord and qjackctl

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Problem with qarecord and qjackctl
From: Eduardo Guerrero (felixe_AT_domovolcanico.com)
Date: Sun Dec 21 2003 - 04:51:37 EET

I'm trying to capture what I play with ZynAddSubFX and Hydrogen in a wav
file. What I have done so far is start qjackctl for having jack running,
then ZynAddSubFX and Hydrogen with the proper connection so everything
sounds fine. Then I start qarecord but if I check the capture checkbox
nothing appears on the level meters, but if I don't start jack I can see
the meters moving and capture the sound coming from xmms in a wav file
that plays fine.

Is it that qarecord only works without jack? I think it should but I
can't make it to appear in the connections window in qjackctl as I have
seen in some tutorials, it shows in the MIDI section though as a
writable client / input port. I'm pretty sure that's not what I need.

I'm using qjackctl v. 0.2.0 and qarecord v. 0.0.8. All of them installed
from THAC's RPM site for Mandrake 9.2.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Eduardo.