[linux-audio-user] AGNULA launches the "Libre Music" project

Subject: [linux-audio-user] AGNULA launches the "Libre Music" project
From: The AGNULA Team (info_AT_agnula.speech.kth.se)
Date: Mon Dec 22 2003 - 20:03:13 EET

| ______ ______ _ _ _ |
| /\ / _____) ___ \| | | | | /\ |
| / \ | / ___| | | | | | | | / \ |
| / /\ \| | (___) | | | | | | | / /\ \ |
| | |__| | \____/| | | | |___| | |_____| |__| | |
| |______|\_____/|_| |_|\______|_______)______| |
| |

     [Sorry for cross-posting. Feel free to forward around]

Florence, 22 Dec 2003

+++ AGNULA launches the "Libre Music" project

The AGNULA IST-Project [0] is proud to announce its new "Libre Music"
(aka the "muzik" project) project, whose goal is to create a publicly
accessible database of Libre Music, i.e. music licensed under either
the Creative Commons [1] licenses or the EFF [2] Open Audio License.

+++

One of the objectives of the AGNULA-IST project is help spreading
sensibility on the topics of Libre Software, with specific attention
paid to audio/video applications and content distribution. In order
to reach this goal, the AGNULA-IST project has decided to allocate a
part of its resources to develop and host a publicly accessible
database of Libre Music, i.e. musical works licensed under either:

- the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 1.0 license [3]

- the Creative Commons Attribution 1.0 license [4]

- the EFF Open Audio License 1.0.1 [5]

We are not going to compete with other, similar, efforts. On the
contrary, we would like to be complementary to other
projects/databases who are already working or are planning to work in
the same field. Our development strategy is driven by this basic
willness to cooperate and not to compete.

If you want to contribute to our development effort, feel free to
subscribe [6] to our development portal [7] and ask either one of the
`muzik' project [8] administrators (Davide Fugazza [9] and Andrea
Glorioso [10]) to be added to the project - you will be able to use
our CVS, bug tracking and task manager tools.

If you, your company and/or your organization is interested in sharing
its archives of Libre Music by publishing it on AGNULA Libre Music
database once this will be complete, and/or if you want further
information, feel free to send your questions, suggestions and/or
criticisms to:

  <users_AT_lists.agnula.org> [11]

for general discussion, and/or to:

  <info_AT_agnula.org>

for general, info-line style questions on the AGNULA project.

+++

About AGNULA: Agnula (acronym for A GNU/Linux Audio distribution,
pronounced with a strong g) is the name of a project funded by the
European Commission (number of contract: IST-2001-34879; key action
IV.3.3, Free Software: towards the critical mass). The project aims
to spread Free Software in the professional audio/video arena.

--
The AGNULA Team                                   info_AT_agnula.org
"There's no free expression without control on the tools you use"

[0]  http://www.agnula.org/
[1]  http://www.creativecommons.org/
[2]  http://www.eff.org/
[3]  http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/1.0/legalcode
[4]  http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/1.0/legalcode
[5]  http://www.eff.org/IP/Open_licenses/eff_oal.php
[6]  http://devel.agnula.org/account/register.php
[7]  http://devel.agnula.org/
[8]  http://devel.agnula.org/projects/muzik/
[9]  davide [dot] fugazza [at] agnula [dot] org
[10] andrea [dot] glorioso [at] agnula [dot] org
[11] http://lists.agnula.org/mailman/listinfo/users