[linux-audio-user] Recommendations for Low Latency Kernel

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Recommendations for Low Latency Kernel
From: The Other (sstubbs_AT_shout.net)
Date: Fri Dec 26 2003 - 19:48:21 EET

12/26/03

Hello All,

I'm currently running Mandrake 9.1 on a PII-350MHz with 128MB RAM box.

If you have any suggestions for a low latency kernel geared to music
applications, please provide them.

My background is WIN95B running Cakewalk Pro Audio 8.04, Harmony
Assistance (latest version) from Myriad-Online, and SEKd's Samplitude
Studio 4.0 through a Sound Blaster Live! Value card. Nearly all of this
hardware and software is circa 1998.

In addition to the low latency kernel, I would like to have Linux software
for MIDI sequencing and score printing. My printing needs will be very
special later on as I would like to use TeX or some variant to print
non-Western European notes, such as E# or A##.

If you also have recommendations for MIDI sequencing with audio recorded
tracks in one program (like Cakewalk) and software that will take MIDI
input to generate a score, please provide them as well.

Thank you for your help,
'The Other' Stephen Stubbs.