Re: [linux-audio-user] Re:Compiling!

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Re:Compiling!
From: Carlos Santos (cmmps_AT_esoterica.pt)
Date: Sun Dec 28 2003 - 21:16:13 EET

Ok!
I've tried it...

But, having everything up and running and installed by default, I don't
understand why the GUI interface for JACK retrunes me this error:

jackstart: cannot get realtime capabilities, current capabilities are:
           =ep cap_setpcap-ep
    probably running under a kernel with capabilities disabled,
    a suitable kernel would have printed something like "=eip"

Then, instead of using "jackstart" on Server Path, I tried to use
"jackd". The return error was:

19:08:53 JACK was started with PID=12230 (0x2fc6).
JACK compiled with System V SHM support
cannot get existing shm segment for /jack-shm-registry (Permission
denied)
cannot create engine
jack main caught signal 15
cannot remove JACK shm directory (Permission denied)
cannot remove JACK directory (Operation not permitted)
jackd 0.75.0
Copyright 2001-2003 Paul Davis and others.
jackd comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY

cannot remove JACK shm directory (Permission denied)
cannot remove JACK directory (Operation not permitted)
jackd 0.75.0
Copyright 2001-2003 Paul Davis and others.
jackd comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY

19:08:53 JACK was stopped successfully.

Is this version of JACK supposed to be started as ROOT??
This means that I must SU first and then start Ardour...
And if I do it, JACK starts but Ardour shuts down with the error:

Ardour/GTK 0.377.1 running with libardour 0.685.0
liblrdf: error - - file '/root/.ardour//sfdb' open failed - No such
file or directory
12520: received signal 11
ardour is killing itself for a clean exit
Killed

:-(
Carlos