Re: [linux-audio-user] Recording from SPDIF with Audiophile

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Recording from SPDIF with Audiophile
From: Harald Milz (milz_AT_seneca.muc.de)
Date: Thu Jan 01 2004 - 18:13:50 EET

lau_AT_hippie-online.de wrote:
> In the meantime I tried to use arecord (which unfortunately does not
> provide man pages)

It does - I have one on my machine!

> arecord -f S16_LE -r 48000 test.wav
>
> *but* this results in a mono file with too low signal level.

You may have to set -c 2 as well to get stereo, this is not the default.
Alsio the hardware device maybe.

As for low level - are you sure the DAT is correctly leveled? After all,
these tools do nothing with the level except if explicitly (and kindly)
asked.

--
A jury consists of 12 persons chosen to decide
who has the better lawyer.