[linux-audio-user] MusE configuration file

Subject: [linux-audio-user] MusE configuration file
From: Vescovi Christophe (christophe.vescovi_AT_wanadoo.fr)
Date: Wed Jan 07 2004 - 16:43:30 EET

Hi all,

I sent this e-mail just to share an experience with other potential
users of MusE.
For some month MusE was not able to connect to jack when started as
normal user, but was working properly as root. In fact muse was a jack
client but inactive when started as normal user.
I was thinking it was my setup or a bug, but today, after trying 0.6.3,
I have found the bug : The old configuration file ~/.MusE was causing
the problem !! Since this file was not present in the root directory I
was getting a message :
NO Config File </root/.MusE>
but MusE was starting fine.

I have deleted the .MusE file in my home directory and now I can start
MusE without being root !!!

I should have think to that before since I have had a similar problem
with spiralsynthmodular before ;-)

Christophe