Re: [linux-audio-user] intel8x0: clocking to 48000

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] intel8x0: clocking to 48000
From: Jan Depner (eviltwin69_AT_cableone.net)
Date: Thu Jan 08 2004 - 02:43:45 EET

I'm not sure if it is the case for that card but I do know that an
Ensoniq PCI card will run better at 48000 than at 44100. A lot of the
lower end cards have a set sample rate of 48000 and have to do more
processing to sample at 44100. I ran tests on my ens1371 and I got many
more xruns at 44100 than at 48000. So, the bottom line is that 48000
*may*, in fact, be optimal.

Jan