Re: [linux-audio-user] RME Cardbus + multiface

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] RME Cardbus + multiface
From: Jesse Chappell (jesse_AT_essej.net)
Date: Sat Jan 17 2004 - 20:01:21 EET

Vincent Touquet wrote on Mon, 12-Jan-2004:

> On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 05:58:30PM -0500, Jesse Chappell wrote:
> >I was able to get the slot with the HDSP on IRQ9 using the BIOS
> >settings..... i'd have to check it to tell you exactly what i
> >did....
>
> Cool, let us know how you managed that :)

This is on an IBM ThinkPad A31 (1.8G P4-M). To get the hdsp cardbus
alone on IRQ9, I set the following in the bios:
  Config->PCI->INTB == 9
and left all the others on auto. Then the cardbus hdsp goes into
the bottom slot. The kernel is not compiled with ACPI, or APIC.

The relevant interrupts (from /proc/interrupts) looks like this:
  9: XT-PIC Ricoh Co Ltd RL5c476 II (#2), Intel 82801CA-ICH3, hdsp
 11: XT-PIC Ricoh Co Ltd RL5c476 II, wlan0, usb-uhci, usb-uhci, usb-uhci, ohci1394, radeon_AT_PCI:1:0:0

This leaves the hdsp and onboard sound on 9 with pretty much everything else
on 11 (including firewire cardbus card). I wonder if I can do
some more tweaking to get a few more things off of 11, espec the
video.

jlc