[linux-audio-user] APIC (Was: interrupt question)

Subject: [linux-audio-user] APIC (Was: interrupt question)
From: Robert Epprecht (epprecht_AT_solnet.ch)
Date: Sun Jan 18 2004 - 11:38:32 EET

Hi Derek

derek holzer <derek_AT_x-i.net> writes:

> Robert Epprecht wrote:
>
>> lspci tells me something like "pin A routed to IRQ 23" (or similar)
>> I do not know anything about interrupt priority with these new irq's.
>> Pointers, informations or help highly appreciated.
>
> try here:
> http://myweb.cableone.net/eviltwin69/ALSA_JACK_ARDOUR.html
>
> specifically here:
> http://myweb.cableone.net/eviltwin69/Arcana.html#IRQs

I do know these fine links and have consulted them before asking here.
Unfortunately they cover only the non-APIC interrupts.

So I try it again: How do I best set up my sound card regarding interrupts
on a contemporary motherboard? (ASUS P4P800)

Does APIC make the situation better or worse?
Should I try to switch it off?

Please advice,
Robert Epprecht